Updated: Feb 17
Hey everyone Coach George here!
Below is an example of how you're able to move your body. Obviously, this just has a few examples and what they are. Our goal here is to educate you on the different buzzwords or jargon that is commonly used within the fitness industry. So let's get to it!
1. Walking is one of the best low-impact forms of exercise that can be done! Just put one foot in front of the other and start stepping.
2. Bodyweight training or calisthenics is a type of exercise that involves using the body's own weight to increase flexibility, strength, and endurance.
3. Functional Fitness is a type of fitness program that emphasizes movements that mirror daily activities in order to increase balance, stabilization, coordination, strength, flexibility, and balance.
4. Strength training is a type of exercise that aims to increase muscle growth, boost strength, and lower body fat.
5. Kettlebells are great as a full-body workout. They increase strength and burn fat. There is definitely a learning curve with this one but well worth it!
6. Powerlifting is a type of exercise that emphasizes the development of strength and power using movements like the squat, deadlift, and bench press.
7. CrossFit is a functional fitness program with a high level of intensity that includes weightlifting, gymnastics, and cardio.
8. Circuit training is a type of exercise regimen that incorporates several exercises into a circuit and usually focuses on both cardio and strength.
9. High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is a 30-minute fitness routine that alternates between brief bursts of vigorous exercise and rest intervals.
10. Yoga is a form of exercise that, through a variety of poses and breathing techniques, increases flexibility, strength, and calmness.
11. Pilates is a low-impact exercise regimen that emphasizes developing core strength while also enhancing flexibility and posture.
12. Kickboxing is a total-body exercise routine that mixes aerobic and martial arts movements.
13. Spin (Indoor Cycling) is an aerobic exercise program that uses music and instructor-led routines to replicate outdoor cycling.
14. Bootcamp is a vigorous fitness regimen that combines cardio and strength training to work the entire body.
15. Barre is a low-impact exercise routine that mixes yoga and Pilates with ballet-inspired movements for a full-body workout.
16. TRX is a suspension training exercise regimen that uses straps to increase stability, balance, and strength.
17. Zumba is a dancing training program that mixes aerobic movements with Latin and world music for a lively and enjoyable workout.
18. Boxing is a total-body exercise regimen or sport that blends cardio with boxing tactics.
19. Tabata is a high-intensity training routine that consists of numerous cycles of 20 seconds of vigorous exercise and 10 seconds of rest.
20. Rowing is a total-body exercise regimen that uses a rowing machine to increase upper body strength and enhance cardio.
21. Swimming is a low-impact exercise routine that strengthens the entire body, increases cardiovascular fitness, and increases endurance.
We hope you enjoyed this post! Sometimes it gets a little overwhelming but the main goal is that you just start moving. Take one day at a time and mix and match how you choose to stay active. Have fun and challenge yourself daily!